The S4 is a smartphone designed for the times we live in. Not only is it compact and easy to use, but it also incorporates new features which are especially useful when we all need to be extra vigilant.
The very latest NFC technology (Near Field Communication) allows the phone to be used for contactless payment which is an important contribution to greater personal safety in these times of social distancing. In addition, the S4 has a QR scanner pre-installed which makes it perfect for track and trace logging and a handy Magnifier app that is the perfect helper when you leave your glasses behind.
The 5 inch, high resolution, touch screen is perfect for carrying out all tasks, and the 13 megapixel main camera and 5 mp front camera are ideal for having video calls with friends and family using the pre-installed WhatsApp.
It is also IP54-certified (dust and splash-proof), has a replaceable battery and, like all emporia phones it has an emergency button on the back, but this can be covered by a second back panel if not needed.
The S4 also comes with our unique detailed training book which shows users how to confidently master their smartphone, learning at their own pace and using new features like contactless payments. This training book clearly outlines everything you need to know with regards to using a smartphone, with fantastic FAQ's and hints and tips to help you become really confident with the technology. This is an excellent introduction to smartphones, apps and how to use them.
- Emporia emergency call function
- Training book included
- HAC compatible (T4/M4 standard)
- IP54 splash resistance
- simple App installer guide
- Two battery covers (one with an emergency button and one without it)
- Easy usage characteristics
- Large screen with text that is easy to read
- Google Assistant
- Bluetooth 4.2 and M4/T4 Hearing Aid Compatible
- Micro SD card slot (max 64GB)
- SIM card type - single Nano SIM
For full list of features, see Details tab!
In the opinion of one evaluation panel, this is a nice and easy to use smartphone. The Training Book is excellent and a unique feature for the Emporia smartphones. It's a comprehensive introduction and explanation guide to the world of smartphones. It has the usual features you'd expect on a smartphone: front and back cameras, Bluetooth, access to apps - with added features such as large text and a simple user-interface. The SMART.4 is smaller than the SMART.5 and doesn't have the smartcover.
Contents: 1 x 4G Smartphone, 1 x Li-ion battery 2500mAh, 1 x extra battery cover without an emergency button, 1 x type-C USB cable with mains plug, 1 x headset, 1 x user guide, 1 x 135 page training book
This phone is supplied unlocked and SIM-Free.
You will need to arrange for a SIM card from a mobile phone network operator for use with this phone. SIM cards are also available from most supermarkets.
- 4G/FDD LTE (MHz): 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600
- 3G/WCDMA (MHz): 900/2100
- 2G/GSM (MHz) 850/900/1800/1900
- Back camera: 13 Megapixel
- Front camera: 5 Megapixel
- VoLTE (Voice over LTE)(depending on the network operator)
- VoWIFI (Voice over WIFI)(depending on the network operator)
- WIFI: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Operating system: Android 10
- Screen size/pixels: 5“/480 × 960
- Processor: 1.5Ghz Quadcore
- Memory (RAM/ROM): 3GB/32GB
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- SIM card type: Nano SIM
- Port for USB charging cable: USB Type-C
- Micro SD Card Slot: max. 64GB
- Headphone port: 3.5mm
- Two microphones
- Battery: 2500mAh
- Mains plug 5.0V–2A
Emporia SMART.4 Easy to Use Android Hearing Aid Compatible Smartphone
- Product Code: PLU190
- Availability: In Stock